Food Security Learning Tour to Lebanon
Are you interested in taking action to end world hunger, but want to learn more? Are you a leader in your community or church? Would you like to increase opportunities for education and advocacy in your Growing Project, church, or other fund-raising activities? This tour is open to any Canadian over 18 years of age who is interested in taking action to end global hunger. Individuals involved with Canadian Foodgrains Bank fundraising projects or one of its 15 Christian member organizations are especially invited to apply. The information will remain confidential, only the selection committee will review the application for consideration.
ABOUT THIS TOUR
The main objectives of this tour to Lebanon is to enable Canadian participants to
• learn first-hand about hunger and food security,
• learn about interventions to reduce hunger, in particular about Foodgrains Bank member programs, and
• prepare to engage other Canadians in efforts to end hunger through sharing stories, using advocacy tools, or communicating in other ways.
This tour will focus on learning through meetings and exchanges with partner organizations involved in food security, intercultural dialogue, and project visits. This experience will provide greater awareness of the root causes of hunger in the world. Canadian Foodgrains Bank expects that those participating can share their experience and learning with fellow Canadians.
Dates: March 8 – 20
- Stopover in London, local food security visits & orientation
- Arrival to Beirut, orientation
- Visits with MCC & partners & projects
- Historical/cultural visits
- Visits with World Renew, CBM partner & projects
- Debrief and return home
Application Deadline: Feb 1st
Approximate Cost: $3500-3800 (Note: costs still to be confirmed!)
All interested individuals must complete an application form. Click here to download our current application form. Applications will be received and accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information, contact James Kornelsen at email@example.com or 1-800-665-0377.