Reporting and Receipting

Community growing project reporting forms and guidelines

To view general reporting and receipting guidelines, see the Growing Project Reporting Form Guide.

Click here for a Word version of the reporting form. You can fill this out electronically and print, or print and fill in by hand. To fill out electronically, you need to download and save the file first. Please contact our office for your GP ID to complete the form, please call 1.800.665.0377 or email

Please mail completed forms and documents to:

Canadian Foodgrains Bank
P.O. Box 767
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 2L4

Reporting Form Checklist

Please include the following in the provided xpresspost envelope which you will receive in the mail:

  • Completed Reporting Form: Please ensure full mailing addresses are indicated on Form 1 (if applicable) including postal codes
  • Original invoices for Form 2 (if applicable)

Receipting – General Guidelines

If you require the Foodgrains Bank to issue 2022 tax receipts to any of your project donors, we must receive the proceeds and project report before November 30, 2022.

What’s eligible for a tax receipt and what’s not?

Our ability to issue tax receipts for the value of goods and services donated to your project is strictly governed by Revenue Canada. Below, we’ve tried to outline some of the basic products, services, etc. that may be donated to your project and designate these donations as either eligible for a tax receipt or ineligible.

As a general rule anything you can touch, feel, or store is eligible for a tax receipt.

Of course, there are always exceptions. If you are unsure whether a donation is eligible or not, please contact Stephanie Ball to clarify the situation.


  • Donated inputs — e.g. seed, fertilizer, herbicide, fuel, meals
  • Monetary donations — made by individuals or groups
  • Gifts donated to auction sales — receipt is issued in the name of the donor for the estimated value of the item donated, not the actual value received


  • Donated services — e.g. planting, trucking, combining, donated labour, field work (see below for exceptions)
  • Proceeds from auction sales and purchases made at auction sales
  • Group cash collections — in which records of individual names and amounts contributed are not available (e.g. passing-of-the-hat type contributions)
  • Land Rent & Taxes — see below for exceptions

Donated Services

For donated services to become eligible, an exchange of cheques must take place. For instance, if the provider of the service submits an invoice (eg. 10 hours combining at $10 per hour = $100), being paid for the service by cheque from the project’s bank account. Then, if the provider of the service chooses to donate the funds back to the growing project via a written cheque, they become eligible to receive a tax receipt.

Land Rent

The same holds true for land rent.

Example: Land holder issues you an invoice; you pay the invoice from your growing project’s bank account; the land holder then has the option of donating the cash back to your project (CRA requires an actual cheque exchange). As a cash donation, it is now eligible for a tax receipt.

PLEASE NOTE: All donations must be recorded on the forms (Form #1 Monetary Donations and Form #3 In-Kind Donations) in the Community Growing Project Reporting Form.

If you do not have a complete package, or require extra reporting forms, please print from our website or contact Stephanie Ball. These forms must be completed and submitted with invoices before November 30th each year, to allow issuing of receipts.