Hunger on the Hill
Join us to learn and advocate for an end to hunger!
Canadian Foodgrains Bank is inviting up to 25 young adults (age 18-30) to travel to Ottawa with us to learn about global hunger and meet MP’s in person to ask for change.
Join us to learn more about the importance of advocacy in addressing the major challenge of hunger and climate change.
Are you concerned about climate change and the global food system? Have you wondered about Canada’s role in improving food security for people around the world who experience hunger? Would you like to make a difference?
Apply today to participate in our Spring 2024 Young Voices training and advocacy event, from Saturday, April 27th – Wednesday, May 1st, 2024.
What can you expect?
- Connect with young people from across the country for this global mission
- Dig deeper into learning materials sent right to your home in advance of the event
- Participate in 2 virtual pre-training sessions so you’re prepared to advocate well
- Discover how you can be an advocate for change, and learn how to effectively communicate with elected officials about global hunger
- Learn more about how climate change, gender inequality and food insecurity are connected to our food systems
- Participants will work in small groups to meet face-to-face with MPs during the live and in-person event in Ottawa (April 27-May 1)
- Raise your voice in the debrief session about what you learned and where things can improve
We cannot guarantee participation for everyone who expresses interest, but all applications will be reviewed when received. Priority will be given to applicants who are Canadian citizens, or permanent residents. Applications are due by March 15th, 2024.
Please complete the following information to express your interest, and receive an application form via email.