This package of worship resources is designed to help your congregation pray, give, learn, and advocate on the themes of conflict, migration, refugees, and food security. In the package you will find:
- Prayers, Litanies, Songs, Responsive Readings, and other worship resources;
- Kindness Without Borders: A Dramatic Sermonette For Five Readers Based on the Book of Ruth;
- A Children’s Feature: Angeline’s Story (plus a colouring page for kids!);
- Opportunity to Give: Canadian Foodgrains Bank’s Syria Appeal; and
- Opportunity to Advocate: Good Soil Postcard Campaign.
Coming soon: a printer-friendly, text-only PDF of this resource.
- Forced to Flee: A simulation on decision-making during conflict & migration
- What is Food Assistance? (Animated video)
About World Refugee Day (June 20th)
The UN General Assembly, on 4 December 2000, adopted resolution 55/76 where it noted that 2001 marked the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees, and that the Organization of African Unity (OAU) had agreed to have International Refugee Day coincide with Africa Refugee Day on 20 June.
Visit the United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR) for more information about refugees.